RV solar panels
charge batteries or
run your whole RV
Charging batteries with RV solar panels is fairly easy. To run an RV on solar panels you will need careful planning and a much bigger investment.
- How many PVs (photovoltaic panels) will you need?
- Should they be fixed or track the sun or portable so you can get the highest charge rate for your money?
- What is the best way to wire them up?
- How many batteries?
- What sort of battery management system?
- Will you need a mains charger as well?
- And so it goes.
RV solar panels come in three main forms with a few more types appearing in smaller numbers.
- Monocrystalline solar panels
- Polycrystalline solar panels
- Amorphous solar panels
- Thin-film solar panels
- Who knows what type of panel will be next?